(Sorry! We forgot to make the blog public when we returned! Oops!)
After careful consideration and discussions with a panel of experts (we hear voices), we are implementing some not so drastic changes. In the spirit of keeping this a fair and fun community for everyone, we have rearranged some privileges, made some editorial changes, and adjusted our guidelines. Some of you who had free posting privileges prior to our closure may now find that you are restricted and need an editor’s approval before posting. After a history of consistent quality posts, you may regain privileges to post without editor approval. This is not anything personal or a judgment against your writing or talent, but we are striving to take the CSB in a more positive direction. To do so, we need to establish more quality control.
Going forward, we ask that people remember that this website is about feedback. The ‘C’ stands for Community and we mean it. Even if you dislike a piece, please feel free to comment on it with respect and integrity. Consistently coming to the editors with an issue about works that are represented on the blog does not help the author in question learn and grow. If discussions do get heated and cross the line of civility, the editors will step in and there will be the risk of removal of offending party(ies).
Without further ado, here are the New Guidelines!
- This blog is intended to feature Short fiction, non-fiction and poetry, as well as art pieces and musical works. We would prefer if your submission was no longer than 1000 words long, unless it has been arranged prior.
- We ask that you limit your posting to 1 piece per day unless you are an editor or have previous permission. The exception to this rule is during contests, prompts, and themes that require more than one post per day.
- The work you submit must be original and all rights must belong to you. If you are submitting work for someone else, you must include a signed release with your submission. Any work that is deemed as not original will be promptly removed from the site and you will no longer be allowed to participate. This includes any art work or photos that are an accompaniment to your writing, unless it is public domain.
- Your work will be published as determined by the editors of this site, and on the schedule that works for them.
- We will not edit your work for you. It will be published as is.
- We maintain the right to refuse to publish a work at our discretion and without any further explanation.
- We do not claim any rights to your work. It is yours to do with as you wish. If you no longer wish to have your work featured on the site, please use the contact form on the Submission Guidelines Page. Please remember to include the title of your post so that we may easily find and remove it. It may take up to 72 hours for it to be removed from the site.
- Please keep in mind this is a community. Choose only your best stuff and post the rest to personal blogs.
- The formatting of your piece will be handled by our editors, unless you have posting privileges. WordPress sometimes does odd things. We will do the best we can to ensure that it comes out looking great.
- If you are submitting an excerpt of a published book, please also send us a link to the book and the publisher information.
- Fan Fiction will NOT be accepted.
- NO self-promoting via single links to your blog with no other content.
- All content on this site is property of the individual author. If you are going to use it in part or in whole somewhere else, you must have permission from the author first, with the exception of reblogs.
- Please include the links to your website/sales pages with your work if you wish to have them posted.
- Please note: It may take up to a week for one of our editors to get back to you.
- If you wish to have a photo included with your submission please note this at the top of your submission and we will send you the appropriate email to submit it to. We kindly ask that you limit your photos to one per submission, unless you are doing a photography post that has been previously approved.
- Please ensure that your photos are appropriate for all audiences and are not offensive. This includes graphic nudity, violence/gore, sexuality, and anything else that may be construed as inappropriate.
We hope everyone has a good time here and shares in the joy of reading and writing–Thank you, the editorial team.
Keep a look out for a post about coming events such as an artist contest and the bi-monthly theme, which will be replacing the weekly prompts.